Em. Prof. John Pilbrow
Emeritus Prof John Rayner Pilbrow
School of Physics Monash University
BSc (Hons) (NZ) MSc (NZ) DPhil (Oxon) DSc (Monash) FAIP FInstP
Professional Career: Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader, Professor of Physics
(Personal Chair), Monash Univ. 1965-2000; Head, Dept.of Physics 1991-99. Emeritus Prof. 2001.
Scientific: Author, joint-author ~ 200 papers on EPR spectroscopy in solids and chemical and biological complexes. Author, Transition Ion Electron Paramagnetic Resonance, OUP, 1990, 711pp.
I see Science and Christian Faith as complementary ways of looking at the world. Member, Editorial Board, Science & Christian Belief, UK, (2002-).
Topics for talks to church, school and campus groups:
Faith in an age of science and technology, scientific perspectives on divine action, modern physics and our view of the world.
- ISCAST, Fellow (1992), President (2006-Sept 2009);
- Aust. Inst. Physics, Fellow 1970, Hon Sec. (1975-6), President (1999-2000);
- Inst. Physics (UK), Fellow 1999;
- Intl EPR (ESR)1 Society, Sec. (1997- 9), President (1999- 2002); Fellow 2006;
- Natl. Magnetic Resonance Soc. India, Hon. Member, 2000;
- Bruker Prize EPR Spectroscopy & Bruker Lect., UK, 1998;
- Sen. Fulbright Scholar. USA (1971);
- Vis. Prof. Med. College of Wisconsin (1979).
- Pilbrow, JR ‘The Impact of Einstein’s Relativity on Christian Thought’, Christian Perspectives on Science and Technology (ISCAST On-Line Journal), Vol 1, July 2005
- Day, AJ, and Pilbrow, JR, Ch.6 in Notes on Science and Christian Belief, Revised Edition 2009, © 2001, ISCAST(Vic).
- Pilbrow, JR ‘Science Faith – the Intersection’, video of talk given in St Paul’s Cathedral, Melbourne, 8 Feb 2009. http://www.iscast.org/video_pilbrow_science_and_faith
- Pilbrow, JR ‘Text of sermon based on John 1:1-14 preached at Inaugural National Science Week Service, St Paul’s Cathedral, Melbourne, 16 Aug 2009’