Professor Michael T H Wong
He is currently Chair of the Section of History, Philosophy and Ethics of Psychiatry, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists, Secretary to the Section of Humanities and Philosophy in Psychiatry, World Psychiatric Association, and Advisor to the Chinese Health Foundation of Australia.
Dr Wong has been a fellow of ISCAST since 2004, and was on the Board of ISCAST until 2018. He is currently a Board Director of Chinese Theological Education Foundation in Melbourne.
The interface between neuroscience, psychiatry, philosophy, theology and spirituality.
Publications on science/faith
- Wong MTH (2018) Ricoeur and the Third Discourse of the Person: From Philosophy and Neuroscience to Psychiatry and Theology, Lexington Books, Lanham, Maryland.
- Wong M (2018) Relevance and integrity: psychiatry informed by religion/spirituality. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 52(S1), 29.
- RANZCP (2018) Position Statement 96: The relevance of religion and spirituality to psychiatric practice (as Chair of the drafting team) https://www.ranzcp.org/news-policy/policy-submissions-reports/document-library/the-relevance-of-religion-and-spirituality-to-psyc
- Wong M, Wilson F, Fernando A, George K (2016) The Role of Spirituality in Contemporary Psychiatry: Challenges & Opportunity. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 50(S1), 56-58.
- Wong, MTH (2011) ‘Theological anthropology as informed by the Changeux- Ricoeur dialogue on science, philosophy & religion’ in Verheyden J, Hettema TL, Vandecasteele P (eds), Paul Ricoeur – Poetics and Religion, Bibliotheca Ephemeridum Theologicarum Lovaniensium, Leuven: Uitgeveru Peeters, CCXL:519-527.
- Wong Michael TH (2011) Spirituality and leadership in psychiatry: an Australian view. The International Journal of Leadership in Public Services, 7(2), 144-150.
- Wong, Michael TH (2008) Hermeneutics, Neuroscience and Theological Anthropology – First Step of Talking about the Subject, Transdisciplinarity in Science and Religion, 4:173-196, Curtea Veche Publishing House, Bucharest.